Hamilton House Wishes: Living Room

I'm back today to dive a little deeper into our living room...and to get you guys' opinion on a few things.

So you may remember from this post a few weeks ago, what our living room currently looks like. If not, here's a little reminder:







Not a whole lot has changed, except for the disappearing Christmas decor. Its still looking beyond sparse and even a bit schizophrenic. The sofas are from my old apartment and I can't stand them! They're in great condition, but I'm so ready to get rid of them. I promise I would sell them today for $1 if I knew someone that would pay that much for them....and then drive to Poplar Bluff to come and get them. Everything else in the room is practically new. The TV stand we got from IKEA about a month after moving in. The curtains I made from some fabric I ordered on line a couple months ago (I can't sew, nor do I own a sewing machine, so a little Stitch Witchery is my best friend). I also made the console table near the front door (its just three pieces of wood and a couple screws...so simple). It's just a shame that with all of this stuff in the room, it needs so much more.

So I gave you a little list a couple posts ago that names a few things that I'd like to have for this space. Here's a little visual to catch you up on everything.


Here's the breakdown:

1. If we were to ever get the sofa of my dreams (seen above, but more info on it below), we'll need some additional seating to make the room function properly. I found these chairs on Target's website and fell in love with the white and wood combination, just like our TV stand. Their curvy shape contrasts perfectly with the clean lines in the sofa, and they are just the right size to not overwhelm the room and make it look cluttered. I'd place them directly across from the sofa, which would sit right under the window.

2. Where do I even begin??? I've been dreaming about the same sofa for almost a year. I've been to visit it in the IKEA Dallas store about 4 times. I'm starting to feel like I'm stalking it! Maybe because I kinda am. This beauty is 10 ft long! It has memory foam cushions! You can store blankets or pillows in the arm rests! It's almost completely customizable, being available in almost ten different fabrics and colors! And if I get tired of the gray-brown color that I'm currently in love with, I can always change it by just buying a new cover! I could go on and on about this thing. Its perfect in every way. The only reason why we don't have it right now, is because of the logistics to get it to Poplar Bluff. We can either pay about $350 to ship it here, or we'd have to drive to Dallas, rent a truck, and then bring it back on our own. Dilemma of the year!!!

3. This is just the fabric I used to make the curtains that are hanging right now.

4. I really, really, really like this coffee table. It's just the right color and the perfect size to fit in front of the new sofa. It has a second shelf, which is great for stashing magazines or remote controls. And the price isn't too bad either.

5. Yes, this rug is funky town...but I like it! This black and white show stopper would help the curtains feel like they're a part of the space, no matter what other colors I use in the room. Not to mention its almost 9'x12'! You just can't beat it at that price!

6. No, this isn't our exact TV stand, but it has more than a few similarities. I just wanted to make sure it was represented on this little board.

So now that I have the basics covered, I'm really contemplating the next layer. Color. Texture. Pattern. Yada yada yada. My initial thoughts for the space involved navy blue, yellow and gray. Those thoughts have evolved and floated off in several different directions. I've created a couple more boards to show some possibilities.



These two boards show just a little of what's going on in my head. The extra stuff you're seeing are what would more than likely be throw pillows throughout the space. I already have the navy blue pillows on hand (found at Target for just $4.44 each!). I would either find existing pillows that follow these same pattern and color combinations, or I would just buy the fabric and have someone sew some quick 18" covers (which is what I'm leaning toward).

I really want something different from the norm. I just can't decide if I want it to be subtle or bright and cheery. What do you guys think? Which way should I go? I'd really appreciate your opinion!

Xoxo
Coco

2 comments :

  1. I noticed you have a very "eclectic" eye based on your fb photos. Before strolling down to your idea board, I said some sort of sectional with clean lines would go great b/c everything else has such straight lines & edges, so I'm loving the chaise lounge sofa. I like the first example, the throw pillows add a softer, more suddle accent. I steal ideas from decorpad.com; however, you should post your ideas there..there always great. :)

    Brittany M. Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brittany! I would definitely consider myself an eclectic kinda girl with my love of things that are classic and trendy. And I check Decorpad at least a couple times a week...great spot for inspiration. Glad you think my stuff is Decorpad worthy! Lol!

    ReplyDelete