Holiday Planning

I know that we're well into December, but I was working so hard at not breaking out all of my Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, that I'm actually behind the curve now. I feel really bad now, especially since my mother-in-law had all of her decorations, including the tree, up before Halloween this year! Can you say eager beaver?

I've managed to get a few small decorations up, but am still waiting on THE TREE to arrive in the mail. I had to order this one from Walmart since they can't keep them stocked in the store. Last year's tree had to be thrown away thanks to a broken base. And now that I think about it, we wouldn't have had room for it any way. The new tree is a little taller and slimmer, which is perfect for our small space requirements.
Last year at this time, we were new transplants to the city of Memphis, so holiday decorations were really important for making our new place feel like a home.





I loved the navy and green scheme with lots of gold thrown in for good measure. It was casual for a young family, yet refined for a more adult feel. This year, however, I'm feeling the need for change. I would like to keep the casual and refined/sophisticated feeling, but hope to change up a few colors and textures. Gold and brass are going to remain key elements (forever!!!) so I'm on the hunt for more color inspiration. I have to say that black is a very strong contender.

Black, White & Gold Christmas | the Hunted Interior

I'm in love with how Kristen of Hunted Interior incorporated it in her decor this year!

Black & White Christmas: Glitter Antlers | Wreath | Spotted Drapery

The gifts are gonna get the black treatment as well.

Black & White. LOVE this with the green.

Loving the green!

wrapping

black gold holiday gift wrap

wrapping | elisabeth heier

What colors are you featuring this season?

No comments :

Post a Comment