Hair: My Favorite Products & Styling Tools


Happy Friday Peeps! So, last night, I got a ton of love/comments/questions about my hair! I thought now was the perfect time to divulge my favorite products and and styling tools that help me tame this mane!
This last wash started with some clarifying shampoo. I had an updo that required a lot of gel type products, so this was a must. I like Neutrogena Residue Shampoo, but it is not for regular use.


I then do a really good wash with my regular shampoo, Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo. This stuff feels and smells amazing! Not only do I use it, but Marcus and Davin use it to wash their hair as well!


After I wash my hair, I get out and dry it with a tshirt. I never use a towel because it's way too much friction on my strands. Next, I then section off my hair, kind of like a beach ball with triangle like sections meeting at the crown of head. For each section, I first apply the one product I will never live without, LEAVE IN CONDITIONER! My current fav is Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-in Conditioner.


I then detangle each section with my Denman brush, starting from the ends and making my way towards my roots until I can pass the brush through without interruption.


Once detangled, I apply Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie and then two-strand twist.


Once the section is twisted, I apply a little Taliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream to the ends.


Since it was about 1:30 am, I threw on my bonnet and went to bed with semi wet hair. I woke up the next morning, took down my twits and then got out my blow dryer and diffuser. The Conair Toumaline Ceramic Styler has worked great for me since I purchased it a couple months ago.


The diffuser helps me keep my coils intact. 


I set the the heat to high and the air speed to low.


Once its mostly dry, I separate the twists with my fingers and then pick it out with my not-so-secret weapon...my pick!


I hope this list and these links help! If you have any questions, feel free to leave them below in the comments!


One day, I'll video this entire process of doing my hair and I promise to update this post once I do!

9 comments :

  1. I’ve always loved your hair and now l will def do “beach ball” parts when my hair gets longer again. l use to always just shake, shuffle, adjust and pin; too much work! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Parting makes such a difference when it's time to style!

      Delete
  2. This was a great post! I used the Shea Moisture curl smoothie regularly and now I will definitely add the strengthen and restore conditioner along with a diffuser to my arsenal as well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve read quite a few blogs or posts recently where the object is to avoid heat...how do you avoid heat damage or is that ever a concern of yours? And FYI, I freaking love your hair! I’m on a journey (once again) to grow my hair out to achieve one of those massive fro/twist outs that you rock oh so well ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Well, heat isn't something I deal with often. I straighten my hair maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Outside of that, I may blow it out once or twice. I just strongly suggest a really good heat protector and my fave is I.C. Fantansia Heat Protector Straightening Serum

      Delete
  4. Love this tutorial and your hair! Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Best Friend THAT’S MY BEST FRIEND!!!!! Bet you didn’t know that I still read your blog! Love you and keep walking in your purpose! Love you💞

    XoXo
    Martha

    ReplyDelete