"If this isn't love, tell me what it is" Part I

That's the song that I think of when I think of my long time relationship (going on 4 1/2 years now) with the man of my dreams and the answer to my prayers. I could be dreaming or just plain crazy...but at this point, I'm OK with mistaking grand delusion for undying love (just kidding : ). At one point, though, I did actually question which one of us was delusional.

You see, I met Mr. Marcus quite some time ago. Four years, 5 months, 3 days and approximately 7.5 hours ago, for you nosey people. It was actually right after his grandfather (with whom he was very close) passed away; and right before my grandmother (whom I adored) passed away. A major turning point in both of our lives. We were both fresh out of long term relationships (2 & 3 years), in which we were both engaged to be married, where we each were the ones to call it off. I know...too much of a coincidence. But with such similar backgrounds, you know that there had to be some split hairs somewhere.

We were such the unlikely couple: I was the cool, mild-mannered, tactful sweetheart; he was the arrogant, brash, and overly-sarcastic smart ass. We came from polar opposite backgrounds and up-bringings. Shared no obvious favorite pastimes. And prior to our first encounter, had probably not taken 3 seconds worth a look in each other's direction. I guess you can say that we had as much in common as a French poodle and a pit bull...the only commonality being the fact that we both walked upright.

However, after spending less than a collective 12 hours together over the course of 3 days, I wanted to have this man's babies!!!! All 10 of 'em! I promise, after a few long, um... "conversations"..., I knew that this was way more than just a battle of sexes. This had a feeling of promise, of greatness, and a few other feelings that I'll wait to post about until I get a better idea of who's reading my blog! Ha-Ha! ; )

He caught me off guard...and took me to places I never thought I'd ever see.



Be sure to come back for the continuation of this post...just like you, I'm off to watch the new season of "THE GAME!!!!" Are you just as excited as I am??? Doubt it!

No comments :

Post a Comment