DIY: Spring Organizing

Sorry for the lack of posts last week guys, but I had to travel in to my office...aaaall the way back in Fort Smith. But, before I left, I had the chance to do a little spring organizing. Do you remember our third bedroom...or our junk room, as we like to call it? No? Well, here's a few reminders.





Clothes, shoes, craft projects, blankets, power tools, hair products...juuunk junk junk junk junk!!!! And trust me, these photos don't do this room justice. All of this crap meets you right at the door.

Sooo, I did something about it. I packed up all of our winter gear and extra blankets, donated a lot stuff I haven't, wouldn't, or can't wear, put away the power tools, threw away a lot of crap, mailed my sister some stuff and just pushed a lot of stuff to the back wall. So then it looked like this.


Most of this is the stuff that should, but can't go into the garage (due to my fear of bugs and the elements). I know it still looks like a lot of crap, but trust me, it's soooo much better. And although this side of the room was great, I still had all of my belts, scarves, purses and hats that I had no idea what to do with. There's absolutely no room in our bedroom and I didn't want to just throw them back in a rubber tote...I had to get a little creative.

I realized a long time ago that if I can't see my stuff, I won't wear it. So I knew I wanted to put as much stuff out and on display as possible. And since we didn't have any display shelves on hand, I knew I was going to have to make something. I knew I had a couple pieces of leftover from my bench project, so I figured that was good start. The rest of the supplies (hooks and string) came from our junk drawer in the kitchen.


So, long story, I took to pieces of 1x4, 6 hooks and a couple pieces of string and I got this...


I screwed hooks into the ceiling and both sides of the 1x4's and looped string through to hang them. Pretty simple and straight forward.



Once I got everything up, there was an empty space above the belts that needed to be filled. I, instantly, thought of the all of the handwritten notes that my mother used to write me (and everyone else : ). There is one that always puts a smile on my face. She wrote it to me during one of the best times we had ever had together during my visit home on Mother's Day weekend of 2010. I knew I had to frame it.


And just in case you're wondering, it reads:

5/10/10

Carmeon "Coco", my first born,
I am so proud of you. You are beautiful inside and out. I can see you being transformed right before my eyes as a woman, daughter, sister, mother and vessel. God is pleased and so am I. You must Stay Focused, Be Obedient and Trust God. Keep reading and seeking daily. You are richly blessed and anointed. Smile and tell Him Thank You! This was one of the best Mother's Day ever. (Thank you) The devil meant for bad - but God! The time we spent together was priceless. Seeing you with your son makes me so proud. He will grow up to be a very special, blessed and anointed man of God - no doubt. Keep up the good work. When he gets out of hand call security LOL or tell him rude LOL. Save travels back home.

Love,
Mom

P.S. Know that I love you dearly and I am always here for you and Davin.

And to get the "security" and "rude" back story, you've got to watch this video.


HILARIOUS!!!!

So that's my little spring organizing related DIY. And I love it!


So what are you guys up to? Any spring cleaning going on? Do you hang your scarves/belts in their own places or they stashed away in a drawer? Let me know?

No comments :

Post a Comment