Saturday Styling: A New Corner


Happy Saturday peeps! It's been forever since I've been able to get my hands on my own home, but spring has sprung and the itch to rearrange got the best of me! There's a full spring home tour coming up soon, but today is all about this little corner of our living room! 
So, you may remember this little moment from my Art by Design vignette. Definitely one of my favorites in the space!


Well, when it all had to be dismantled, I was obviously sad to see it go, so I was dead set on giving it a new life somewhere in out home. This little corner of the living room was in desperate need of some life.

old house tour pic
The foundation is a simple, folding outdoor table from IKEA.

IKEA Saltholmen Table
 Along with a 90" diameter linen table cloth that you can find here.


As you can see, it's much longer than necessary, so it was time to improvise a bit.


This little disc is a plant stand. It sits about an inch off of any surface, just missing the gathered knot in the table cloth.


Now, the focal item, my monstera, has a nice flat surface to sit on.


Next were the supporting cast members:


A few coffee table books...

Styled by Emily Henderson and The New Bohemians by Justina Blakeney

...and a bunch of tchotchkes.


I then added back the little bench that was the original inhabitant of this corner. I found it at an antique/thrift store several years ago while on a trip to visit my mother-in-law.


One day I'll get it reupholstered (along with its many siblings). But, for now, I cover it with pretty books!
  
The Things that Matter by Nate Berkus, Rhapsody by Kelly Wearstler, InTents by Patrick McMullan

Woven baskets (set of 3) are Fryken from IKEA


Pedestal Frame

Small Black Faceted Vase


It feels like this little spot should've been this way from the beginning. I love that its now a part of the room. 


Some of you may notice a few other shifts in the room. Stay tuned for more bits of this space and a full spring house tour soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment