Happy Friendsgiving!


Yesterday, I had the pleasure of hosting (and attending) my very first ever Friendsgiving and it was beyond everything I could've hoped for! Beautiful women had a beautiful time around a beautiful table of amazing food. 
I invited a small group of ladies that I truly admire (who inspire me on a daily basis) into my home and expressed my gratitude for them in a way that was truly personal and me. I wanted it to be a meaningful experience.


I brought out all of our Christmas decor to deck the halls and then set a beautiful table with full intentions to gather. I kept each table setting pretty simple with just a charger, white dinner plate and cloth napkin wrapped in ribbon with a sprig of rosemary.


 I called upon the most amazing floral designer, Kristin of Everbloom Design, to create a centerpiece that would set the tone for glamorous, yet casual soiree. #NAILEDIT


As the ladies arrived as I was putting the finishing touches on dinner, so I had them mingle in the living room with plenty of wine and a charcuterie board of cheese and nibbles to hold them over.


On the dinner menu though was lemon garlic asparagus, homemade mashed potatoes, candied rosemary thyme carrots and a Kroger rotisserie chicken. I doctored it up by just keeping it warm in the oven on a low temp with a pat of butter, a squeeze of lemon and a few sprigs of rosemary.




Presentation is key when hosting a group of lifestyle bloggers. Tell tell signs that they approve: lots of photos and Instagram!




There's no such thing as a dinner with no dessert and for this occasion, the dessert was the star! I ordered a cardamom carrot cake from Mersadies Burch of Sadie's Cakes and OH. MY. GOD. was it good! It was a super moist cardamom carrot cake with a pecan pie filling and brown sugar buttercream frosting with salted caramel and candied carrots on top!!!!






It couldn't have been a better ending to an amazing night! There's absolutely nothing better than great food paired with great company. Thank you Kim, Quaneshia and Andrea for being amazing women and even better dinner guests! Let's do it again soon!



Special thank you to Kim Thomas for never being without her camera and snapping all of these beautiful images!


2 comments :

  1. This looks so fun. You totally made me want to host a nice dinner with my girlfriends, which I've never done before. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! It's amazing getting to treat your friends to a special evening centered just around them!

      Delete