Personal Style Files: A Look Into How Some Shoots Happen


Since there's been quite a bit of chatter about finding your tribe and making connections on Instagram today, I thought this would be the perfect time to write this post! This is a great example of how my blogger friends and I work together and help each other!

 

So, one day, while hanging with my blogger bae and favorite photographer, Kim, she mentioned that she had to do some work for one of our favorite little shops in Memphis, 17 Berkshire. So, on that day, on my lunch break, I figured I'd pay my friend a visit and get a latte and few macaroons while there. Well, what happened next is pretty typical of meet ups with my blogger friends!

When I walked in, Kim was in her mode!


She was there batch shooting for the owner of 17 Berkshire for an upcoming article and for her everyday marketing materials and social content. Once Kim saw me, she immediately put me to work. One core shot of the product wasn't reading well and needed a little bit of help from a stylist.


I, immediately, jumped in to action, grabbed a few empty boxes and cups and got to work. It doesn't look great from this angle, but that's generally the case of almost every good product photo you see. The mission is to always style for the photo, not for real life and the end results are always worth it!

what you don't see

what we want you to see; photo by Kim Thomas for 17 Berkshire
I even lent my hand-modeling skills for the occasion! Glad my nails were done!

photo by Kim Thomas for 17 Berkshire
Once my help was no longer needed, I was treated to an incredible latte, courtesy of the lovely 17 Berkshire staff.

rings from Pandora, leather clutch from Tree Fairfax

leather clutch from Tree Fairfax

But before I could finish it, Kim had turned her camera on me! It wasn't long before it was a full blown shoot!









Most of the shots of me that are taken by Kim have typically happened by happenstance. We show up at the same events, she comes to shoot for Stash, we meet up for lunch and as content creators, it's always great to have someone (with an incredible eye) by your side to help you capture those moments where you're feeling cute and want your picture taken! There's nothing I wouldn't do for her and she's always been there for me! That's what it's about! We connected through blogging but have become fast friends that understand each other's world of influencing and constant creating. Find those kind of people for you!

2 comments :

  1. Yes yes yes! I love the relationship you and Kim have through this space. It’s so awesome to be inspired by other creatives. I always say we are better together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES YES!!! Always better together! Community over competition!

      Delete