Kitchen Update


It's been forever since I've done a kitchen update! Shame on me because this update is actually closer to a conclusion than anything! Quite a bit has happened since the last time I posted about it here!


The picture above is where I left you guys! We now have painted bases, new hardware, a new rug and organized counter-tops!


The bases are painted with the same paint that I've used throughout the house on our doors and trim. The color is Behr Black Onyx. And I decided to go with Option 1: the Hex Knob and Hex Handle from CB2.






My rug!!! This rug is a pure representation of "what's meant to be will be"!!! So to back track just a bit, I had already purchased a different rug that ended up not being what I was looking for. (That's the risk you take purchasing rugs online.) Well one night, I was watching the Instastories of another blogger and she was talking about a new rug purchase that she had mad from the Everything But the House auction site. I immediately ran over to the site just to see what they offered and stumbled across this vintage beauty! It was perfection! The colors, the side, the wear, all perfect! I put in a bid and waited. Nothing for almost 12 hours or so and then I got an alert that I had been outbid. I then decided to put in my max bid, keeping in mind that I didn't want to go over what I paid for the original rug, since I had plans to send it back for a refund. Low and behold, I won! And I got this unicorn for a steal and a song! $128!!! I still can't believe it! 



She has definitely come a long way, but she isn't complete just yet! I've got new light fixtures to pick out for the ceiling and above the sink and back-splash ideas to mull around, so stick around for those!

As a matter of fact, here's a few light fixtures that I've got my eye on:

Davida 1-Light Flush Mount


Dacia 1-Light Flush Mount


Sculptural Glass Globe Flushmount - Small (Milk)
West Elm Sculptural Glass Globe Flushmount

So what do you guys think? I'd love to hear your opinions! I have to buy 3: one for above the sink and two for the ceiling, so I may mix it up with two different kinds! I promise to keep you posted!

Hope you guys are off to a great one!

1 comment :