Personal Style Files: A Valentine's Day Look


I have to say...Valentine's day is not really my thing. Actually, holidays in general don't have the same meaning to me as an adult as they did when I was a kid. But! What kinda blogger would I be if I didn't give you guys some kind of inspiration on the day of love? :)









This look is a great example of my favorite way to "dress up" for a special occasion. I'm a sucker for the understated: ripped jeans and a t-shirt, with an element of unexpected: a sheer maxi dress overlay. For this particular look, I found the dress in the plus-sized area of Target. Once I saw, I knew immediately how I wanted to where it. It came with a little black slip underneath, but I just removed it and now wear it as a nightgown. The larger size (1X) helps to give me a loose and relaxed look and some much appreciated extra length.

My look:
t-shirt: Old Navy
ripped boyfriend jeans: Fashion Nova
lace up heels: Steve Madden (similar here & here)

My Target dress is no longer available, but I have you some pretty amazing options to choose from below. 

1 comment :

  1. Just found your blog. Love it and your style. I bet you would love the sheer dresses from Universal Standard.

    ReplyDelete